Martin's 1942 Royal Enfield 350cc WD/CO
This is one of a batch of 5000 motorcycles built under contract NU.C12425 and delivered to Batley (West Yorkshire) on the 7th February 1942.
Originally used by the civil defence and for convoy work, records show the engine was replaced on the 9th February 1944 at the Childwall depot in Liverpool.
After the war the motorcycle was "civilianised" in 1953.
After much work the motorcycle was restored to its former / wartime glory and registered by its current owner in 2008
Owned by Martin Swatridge / Bognor Regis